(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: printer recommendation?

Default printer recommendation?

Who better to ask about a new printer than a bunch of plumbers?

I am up to here with Kodak. My 5300 is 14 months old. They replaced the print head twice, and in Feb. gave me a brand new printer. It has croaked again. I sent Kodak an email telling them it would be in the front yard with a lemon tree planted in it.

Anyway, now I am shopping!

I bought that Kodak specifically because I wanted the feature of printing archival quality color photos. Regular inkjets, photos can fade in a matter of months or a few years. But I think other brands now have photoprinting with longevity.

I probalby will consider HP and/or Epson. Anyone have a fairly new printer they like??

I shop almost exclusively on line, but for "major" hard goods, I usually opt for a local store. But I am seeing some great buys on Amazon, and dealnews.com

I`m in the market for a new printer/scanner,and leaning to kodak.
    now I will have shop some more.
    Hp is the one I had but the ink cost almost as a new printer.

The issue of the expense of ink cartridges was one of the things that led me to the Kodak. The print head is a separate module, unlike a lot of the other printers where the expensive print head is replaced with each new cartridge. It turns out there is a reason for that....the head is a precision device which suffers wear each time it spits out a little drop of ink, and just needs to be replaced. Kodak though they could get by, but as I mentioned I had early and repeated failures of the print head, under very light to moderate usage.

In my rant to Kodak, I told them to go back to making Kodachrome, because nothing else is working for them. ( They recently ticked me off regarding my Kodak camera, and their online Kodak gallery. I have a whole list of rants...don't get me started!)

Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar

I been using a Xerox Phaser 8560, its pretty sweet. I got mine through their free color printer program. I have to print at least 1200 pages a month and fax over a usage report once a month, as long as I meet the quota I do not have to pay a monthly under usage fee. To meet the quota I print all my spec sheets for job quotes, invoices, and fliers. It also doesn't use them big toner cartridges, it uses the wax blocks which means a whole lot less waste. Oh after 3 years of meeting their quota you will be done with the program and you will own the printer free and clear. http://www.freecolorprinters.com/xer...or-printer.cfm

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

HP or Epson is the way to go.

Don't even think about a Lexmark; they are the biggest ripoff when it comes to how much they cost a year.

Flagstaff, AZ Sitting on an upside down 5 gallon bucket next to the GO 68HD

Canon MP470

Not braggin, just what I got. Ink is highway robbery though.
    Have not had trouble with it but then again don't do a lot of the bells and whistles. (Does it even have anyż) Just prints and thats fine with me. Has a scanner too. Supposedly a fax machine although without a LAN line never gave a rats you know what.