What water heater for gravity loop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark_G

Reaction score
Locally, Rinnai and Noritz are available, and my plumber uses both. This is for new construction.

In the house, we're thinking of installing a gravity loop system with a HW return, and for demand reasons, putting in a small storage tank (there will be occasional times when we need to run two showers and kitchen sink simultaneously). He isn't sure gravity loop will work with either unit. I don't want a pump.

In a separate sm efficiency apartment, we're considering a CW return off a separate tankless unit, as that could prevent pipe freezeups in the winter?

Anyone had experience with RedyTemp, ReadyHot, Red Lobster for either or both of these applications?

Feedback appreciated. Installation is in upper NY State.
Thank you, Mark

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've had a RedyTemp installed for about 5-years and it works fine. I have it on a 7-day timer so it only runs when I'm normally both home and awake.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks