Installing Natural gas post BBQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm not sure about your area, but in my area we have "the yellow jackets". It is a soft gas tubing which is allowed to be buried. There are regulations as to how deep they need to be buried. Check to see if your local codes allow the yellow jackets to be installed. It will come in various diametres (1/2", 3/4", 1")

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. That is a very broad general statement. There are plenty of cases of gas line project is simple and low risk. There was a "T" at one of the gas line and I used that "T" to run another line to the location of my dryer. Nothing more than precut/prethread black pipes, gas valve, teflon tapes and the flexible gas hose to the dryer.

Running the pipe underground I would not do. I agree with that.

Disagree all you want...

explosion-at-farm.jpg

Gas can and will have serious consequences if you make mistakes...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

When you have a post BBQ grill the line runs underground.
Tin lined sounds like the best bet with a flare (not a compression) fitting.
In my area Galvanized is okay, the gas company even installed a galavanized line.
Sorry to hear the "us" and "them" conflicts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks