Water Leaking From Side Of Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

DEBW

Reaction score
We cannot find where the water is leaking from. After a shower, it is coming out of the connection between front side of tub and wall. It will slowing run/drip down side of tub onto floor. It has now been noticed leaking from our kitchen ceiling (directly below bathroom) if you take a shower that is longer than 5-10 minutes. We have tried new caulking around tub, and the pre-made self-adhesive strips you place around seam of tub and wall. Any help would be SO GREATLY appreciated. This problem has occurred infrequently when we bought the house a year ago, but now has gotten out of control. We do have two converters from faucet to shower head. One you pull up from the bathtub faucet, and one you push in on the shower faucet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I'd try to see if the plumbing in the wall is leaking. See if you can take the showerhead off and plug up that pipe with a cap. Turn on the water and let it sit for awhile. See if you get water leaking out. If you don't, then your plumbing is probably good. Look for cracked grout in the tile, or areas that the caulking has degenerated and fix that. If neither of those help, it is time to start tearing things apart. Hopefully, you have an inside wall where you can cut out the drywall without messing up tile, etc. and try to see where things are leaking. Good luck...My unprofessional opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks