(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Epic faucets. Manufactured by Delta and discontinued 1994

Default Epic faucets. Manufactured by Delta and discontinued 1994

I have 2 models of the Epic faucet that I can not fine replacement parts for, the fixtures are in great shape and I really had to part with them. One style, the handle is released by pressing down and turning clockwise, that does not seam to work with the other style. Can you help?
    Last edited by Terry; 07-25-2012 at 03:58 PM.

The Epic was manufactured by Delta and was discontinued 1994.
    It was a luxury type faucet and you can`t get parts for them anymore.

DIY Junior Member seanpatrickthompson's Avatar

Default EPIC Bath & Shower Fixtures

Saw this thread and thought I would drop a related one to see if I can't find a solution to my own EPIC issue.

When I purchased my home in August, I wanted to replace the tacky gold EPIC brand fixtures in the bath/showers. When I removed the hot/cold on/off handle and plate cover for one shower, I noticed that the in-place fixture that directs the water was not the standard size; it is actually twice as big and would not accommodate the stem fixture I had wanted to replace it with. Is there some sort of adapter available for this issue or is there another brand that accommodates what used to be the EPIC brands? Am I stuck with having a plumber inspect and replace, possibly needing to cut through the dry wall behind the shower to redo the pipes?

I can provide a picture of the fixture if that helps.

quote; I noticed that the in-place fixture that directs the water was not the standard size; it is actually twice as big

I am NOT sure what you were trying to do, but there are NO "standard size" pieces, and if you were trying to replace the stems and handles with another brand, that is usually impossible also.

Angry Epic Catalog

Quote Originally Posted by cwhyu2 View Post
    The Epic was manufactured by Delta and was discontinued 1994.
    It was a luxury type faucet and you can`t get parts for them anymore.
    I built my house in 1992 and installed Epic faucets in tubs and showers. The repair parts for single control faucets are not available, according to Delta customer service. Only parts for two handle faucets are available.

I wish I still had the catalog for Epic, I want to look up the warranty. I thought it was a lifetime warranty, but not according to customer service. Which is surprising, considering that I paid an average of $300 per fixture in 1992 for the Epic controls. If you have an old Epic catalog, please post the warranty information...

quote; I want to look up the warranty. I thought it was a lifetime warranty,

If it was, then it was THEIR lifetime, not yours.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

The internal parts on my 20+ year old Epic faucets are still like new, so the faucet lifetime is not the issue. The problem is that the faucet started leaking at the handle. I disassembled it, found a double o-ring the right size to seal the ball joint and put in a new o-ring where the valve body screws together, re-greased everything with silicone grease, and it is working great. Its nice not to have a leak. The powder coating is showing its age, so I may just strip the handle and trim parts and expose the bronze and let them weather.

This is from the "Frequently Asked Questions" on the Delta web site. (It is near the bottom):

The EPIC brand of luxury faucets and accessories was discontinued in 1994. There are no trim parts available, but the internal components can often be repaired using Genuine Delta parts.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/customers...ral/index.html