Kohler discontinued colors

Users who are viewing this thread

RogerLee

Reaction score
Received replacement for one of my old 81100 pressure assist toilets - Kohler charged me $200 + tax. I have one more toilet that dosent work and I don't know what to do with it ... it has the same 81100, but it;s in a discontinued high fashion Jade (#26) color. I'd rather not change out my other Jade fixtures to match a new toilet of different color... Anyone have any suggestions on where I can find ANY toilet ANY brand in a Jade color?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Received replacement for one of my old 81100 pressure assist toilets - Kohler charged me $200 + tax. I have one more toilet that dosent work and I don't know what to do with it ... it has the same 81100, but it;s in a discontinued high fashion Jade (#26) color. I'd rather not change out my other Jade fixtures to match a new toilet of different color... Anyone have any suggestions on where I can find ANY toilet ANY brand in a Jade color?

Kohler can custom match your color for you, it will cost a bit more but it is an option. I will talk to my rep in the morning and post the information tomorrow.

Pwjone1

Engineer
Reaction score
Color Matching Kohler

Kohler can custom match your color for you, it will cost a bit more but it is an option. I will talk to my rep in the morning and post the information tomorrow.

Not sure this thought ever got completed, but I have a situation similar to the one above, need to custom match to an older Kohler. Two possible solutions, one "official", one not-so:

Official

Conversations with a Kohler Platinum dealer, Kohler, apparently they will custom order back to most custom/older colors, but there is some lead time, and they won't do it on every toilet, just some. Best to work out the details through a good dealer. Mostly this will be the best option for you, assuming the match is reasonable on a variant you'd like.

Unofficial

Ironically, the colors are not all that varied, and some manufacturers are pretty close to the others, so if the color is not too exotic, you might be able to match it. One trick, plumbing supply suggested, is to go get a color match on the toilet seat, one company makes most of them, they have tables from Kohler and others to their colors, and then do the reverse to another brands of toilet. The grey we were looking at turned out to match up with an Eljer, current product (or perhaps I should say, semi-current, given the Eljer off-shoring/situation/mess) pretty closely. YMMV.

----------------------

One irony, talking again with the Kohler dealer, they have tons of fashion/designer colors, but they sell mostly white and off-white.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
color

Case, in the old days, used to produce fixtures to match other companies. There is still one company that does it, but you would have to search for it because I have not contacted them for years and have forgotten their name. I may be able to locate it and if so will post it here.

ffstock

Reaction score
Website
www.ffstock.com
Kohler Pressure Toilet

What model number toilet are you trying to replace - I may have it. I'm new to the forum, but I've been selling discontinued Kohler for 11 years and was a Kohler distributor for 19 years before that. I know the product well and may have the toilet and/or the replacement part you are looking for.

Peterson

Reaction score

About 10 years ago when I lived in my old house, we had a 1970's harvest gold bathroom. A family member tried to replace something in the tank and ended up cracking the tank. :mad: We needed a new toilet. The original toilet was an American Standard toilet and I called American Standard and they basically said we were out of luck.

The only shade of gold available at that time was Kohler's Sunlight Yellow, which totally did not match the bathroom. There was a Kohler distributer in town and he told me to call Kohler direct. The woman I spoke with ended up giving me a few phone numbers of a distributer that had warehouses of discontinued colored Kohler fixtures. I called them and they had all sorts of toilets in harvest gold and and quoted me a price of about $250.00 per toilet which included shipping. The toilet I was going to purchase was an older 3.5 gallon per flush toilet. I asked her if it was legal to sell it considering water regulations and she said it was considered selling "old stock." They were going to send it to me via UPS or FedEx.

To make a long story short, I never ended up purchasing the toilet. Right afterwards, pipes broke under the bathtub, which then required tearing the tub out, which then lead to an entire bathroom remodel. We went with white fixtures. :)

So, 10 years ago, I did have the option to purchase discontinued colored fixtures from Kohler. I'm not sure whether this holds true today. You might want to give them a call and see what your options are.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks