Shower trap install?

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

1. It appears to be a bathtub drain not a shower.
2. You not only have a drum trap, but it is installed as an "S" trap.
3. As it sits, there is no way to make it legal or acceptable, because there is no vent, and any trap you install will automatically become an "S" trap, subject to all the problems that causes.
4. This is not a DIY job, and even a plumber could have problems installing it correctly.

Rod M1

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply. My situation is the trap is plunged up and in trying to remove the clean out plug with no luck the part in the photo come loose just like you see it. No nut farrow or anything I guess just sitting with putty for the least 20 years +. What will I need to fix that connection?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Most likely the end of that brass tube you see USED to be threaded. It snapped of at the root of the thread....the broken part is still inside the tee. You have a bit of work cut out for yourself here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks