Delta R10000 rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

USAFRet

Reaction score
Two questions on working with this rough-in:
#1 - The shower outlet on this series valve sits quite a way back on the valve body. If I run a straight riser to the shower head and terminate it with a standard brass 90 drop, the face of that drop will be a good inch inside the finished wall. What's the best way to bring the fitting flush with the wall? A couple of 45 elbows in the riser would do it or I could run a 90 in copper at the top and then terminate the run with a a straight brass threaded fitting if they are available.
#2 - any "tricks of the trade" for attaching the tub faucet? This one will use a sweated adapter on the line into the tub and then the faucet screws onto that adaptor. Seems getting the position of that sweated fitting will be critical for the faucet to meet the finished wall properly when tightened.
Thanks as always.

delta_multichoice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

Install the elbow at that distance behind the wall. We NEVER make it flush. The added distance adds stability to the shower arm, making it more resistant to stress.

USAFRet

Reaction score
Thanks hj, for the reply and the info. That's the way I'll do it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks