(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: 5600 Piston Assembly

Default 5600 Piston Assembly

Time for me to ask rather than answer for a change....

A buddy of mine has a 5600 single tank econominder, no flowmeter, just a timer. the teflon coated piston assembly keeps leaking.

As I've been out of the business for several years, it's hard to find a reliable wholesale source. I suppose I could buy one for full retail at $57, but having bought them for $14 for so many years, I have a tough time doing that. Anyone have an Idea or a source? Much appreciated
    Measure Twice, Cut Once
    Wally

I suggest that you wouldn't want to replace just the piston, you should replace the seals and spacers too. Probably the brine valve too while it's apart.

You probably know you can't get the seals and spacers out without the special control valve specific tools right?

Fleck parts prices have goen up a bunch since a piston was $14.00! I've been around awhile and don't know for sure but $14 seems low and I get better prices than most. And UPS has increased more than a bit too, and you're in FL.

Gary
    Quality Water Associates

Thanks, Gary!

I have so many pieces, parts, gizmos, fittings and repair parts from when I was in the business.... One of these days you are going to find them on ****. I have spacers and rings, brine valves and many other 5600 fittings, as well as autotrol bits and pieces, repair parts, etc etc... I'm lacking the darn piston assembly, but no worries, I'll find one!
    Measure Twice, Cut Once
    Wally