Cabin In The Woods

Users who are viewing this thread

lizzydog

Reaction score
I recently built two cabins in the woods. They are about four feet off the ground. All plumbing will be underneath. I can build and do the electrical, but I am not sure about the proper way to plumb them. Cabins have a 6' X6'
bathroom--WC-lavetory and bath tub and on outside of bathroom there is a
single sink. Lavetory and bath drains are 3' apart and sink drain is 6' from lavetory drain, all in a straight line. Will this work? 3" stack running down outside wall 90 into 4" double saintary tee(that is on WC flange). On the other side of sanitary tee I will run 2" drain for lavetory,tub and sink.
Thanks in advance for any help

lizzydog

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Need some drawings, but a sanitary tee cannot be used on a horizontal pipe. Waste must enter through a wye with a 1/8 bend.

lizzydog

Reaction score
I will try and post drawing later. Here are some measurments:
Bathroom is 6' X 6', bath drain and lavetory are three feet apart, they penetrate the floor exactly across from each other. From floor penetration to
WC flange is 5' Sink is 5 or 6 feet from lavetory, and penetrates floor straight across from lavetory. My drain for these would be in a upside down T.
Please help me figure out what I need to hook this up.

Thanks

lizzydog

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The first cabin, here on Quesnel Lake in Canada only has a kitchen sink that drains into a pit.
Our outhouse was farther up the hill. My brother Shannon is shown after reroofing it.

The third, is just an old cabin in the Cariboo.

The second one also on the lake has no plumbing. that belonged to our neighbors,
They built a bigger cabin after a few years.

terry-fishing-1000.jpg

Attachments

• 63-058.jpg
    63-058.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3,337
  • cabin_2.jpg
    cabin_2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 311
  • cabin3.jpg
    cabin3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 308
  • outhouse_shannon.jpg
    outhouse_shannon.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 13,044
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
On year we went during Easter. We had to break ice on the lake to get to our cabin. It was two miles across open water, there was no road.

During the night, a storm came up and filled one of the boats with snow and ice. We took the motor inside to thaw it out.
The boats were our only way home, It was an interesting week vacation with 10" of snow on Easter morning.

You want to know how cold my feet were coming across the lake with all that ice?

Attachments

• boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 317
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 307
  • boat4.jpg
    boat4.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 302
  • cabin4.jpg
    cabin4.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Fishing was good on the lake. Us kids would take the boats out for hours and come back in time for dinner.
We could read two novels a day, fish, swim, and explore the woods.
We carved out a path through the forest to the next beach with sand farther down the lake.

Attachments

• allison_fish2.jpg
    allison_fish2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 315
  • boat5.jpg
    boat5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 296

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The forest fire

One Summer, 1967 we had a forest fire across the lake.
During the day we could see the fire, and at night we took our boats over and could feel the warmth of the fire, safely from our boats. The fire fighters were working to keep it from spreading by bulldozing a fire stop.
We went back over the next day and it was pretty much gone.

quesnel-fire-terrylove-01.jpg

At night we would watch the lightning strikes across the lake hitting the ground over and over again.

quesnel-fire-terrylove-02.jpg

quesnel-fire-terrylove-03.jpg

quesnel-fire-terrylove-04.jpg

Taken from out boat in the lake at night, we could feel the heat way out in the water.

quesnel-fire-terrylove-05.jpg

Still warm from the fires.

Attachments

• fire_1.jpg
    fire_1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 312
  • fire_2.jpg
    fire_2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 290
  • fire_4.jpg
    fire_4.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 295
  • fire5.jpg
    fire5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks