Adjusting Pressure Switch - Only one adjustment nut..

Users who are viewing this thread

kokanegold

Reaction score
I think I have a Square D PumpTrol pressure switch.. That is what the cover says anyway. BUT there is only one adjustment nut on the switch. I've looked all over the internet and have not come across a switch similar to mine.
A picture is attached, I'm guessing that this nut would adjust BOTH the cut-in and cut-out pressures at the same time??

Currently the pump cuts in at about 50psi and cuts out at about 60psi. What I would like to do is keep the cut-out at 60psi but lower the cut-in pressure to about 40psi so that the pump doesn't need to kick in so often.
Would there be a reason that it is set up right now with only 10psi differential?? Is it better for the pump to run for a longer period of time or kick on and off more often??

THANKS,
James.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,904

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There are about 100 different Square-D pumptrol switches, each slightly different. Yours does not have a differential adjustment.

You could replace the switch with one that does.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You might want to replace your gauge also. I have never seen any squard d switch that you could get below a 17 lb differential with. I think your gauge is telling you a fib.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks