Pressure for watering system

Users who are viewing this thread

fredflin

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 4 channel watering system which until recently I was running of the municipality water with no problems. We've recently gone ahead and had a Well Point installed (about 12 meters deep pump above ground type). The well point pump unfortunatly doesn't have enough pressure to drive the watering system. I also have a 500litre tank.

I assume to fix the pressure problem I am going to have to either pump the water into the 500litre tank and then use another stronger pump for the watering system or I have heard of pressure tanks but am not understand how these work.

Please can someone help me so that I can use the well water in the irrigation system.

Thanks very much

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Pressure tanks don't make pressure, pumps make pressure. If you tell us what kind of pump you have, we can tell you how much water and pressure it will build. If you try to use more water than the pump can supply, you won't have any pressure. You are also limited by how much water the well will make. You can't pump 12 GPM if the well will only make 10 GPM. You have to match how much water the well will produce, with a pump that will provide the correct amount of water, at the pressure you need. Then you have to match the amount of water being used, with the amount and pressure the pump can supply.

fredflin

Reaction score
aaaaahhhh I understand. What informain ae you looking for from the pump? i know it is a 1hp pump... I have an old pool pump which I could use but I suspect that will be tooo much.....? I'll take a look at the pump for some more details.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks