Leaking Shower Stall

Users who are viewing this thread

splews

Reaction score
When my shower door frame was installed, the frame was too short so there is a 1/4" gap on one side and a larger one on the inside bottom corner. This came to my attention when I had a leak that needed to be fixed. I removed the old material and recaulked around the door frame but the caulking only lasted a few days before it started getting soft and runny. Obviously they had filled the gap with some other material before caulking. What product can I use to fix this? The drain holes are clear but some water must be sitting in the frame and breaking down the caulking.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
an acrylic caulk may not fully cure or fail if it isn't designed for wet locations. Also, since some caulks can take up to a week or so to fully cure, you may have gotten it wet too soon. The outside would be cured, but the inside is not. I'd consider a full silicon caulk rather than acrylic. My unprofessional opinion. May sure to read the instructions and allow it to cure fully before getting it all wet.

flasugar

Reaction score
flasugar

I also have a shower stall that leaks. It is a concrete stall and is leaking through the floor part of the shower. I need to know what to use to seal the floor. The walls are painted and the floor is just plain concrete.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks