Possible Defective Pressure Control Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

one900steve

Reaction score
New pump system for my semi-artesian well and has been working fine until we disconnected and reinstalled the tank under new base cabinet.

After reconnecting (leaving the originally set 30-50 psi range) the tank now cuts-in at 30 psi as usual but cuts-out at around 33 psi, giving an apparent short cycle. I checked the air pressure and it is set to 28 psi (measured with the tank drained).

I figured the cut-in to cut-off range got reset some how. I adjusted the nut by tightening it by 10 turns or more and it did not change. None of the controls were tampered with during the setup and protective cover remained on the whole time.

Any suggestions, first time well and pump owner?

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
Have you checked the accuracy of the gage? With all the adjusting you did to the switch, it should have changed something. You should either get a new switch or try and put the setting back the way it was, and get a new gage.
Make sure the pipe or tube going to the pressure switch is clear of any mineral deposits or any other type of blockage.

Just a thought.

Travis

one900steve

Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the late response.

Thanks for the response, it turns out that it was just the gauge as Waterwelldude suggested. I replaced the gauge with a Winters, liquid filled gauge last night and reset the control switch nut back to where it was as best I could. When I started the pump up it cut-out at exactly 50 psi and now cuts in at exactly 30 psi.

Unfortunately, I never tested my line before we covered up the new floor and now when it gets to 50 psi and cuts out, it slowly loses pressure. I now have a slow leak somewhere on the feed line it seems.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks