Throttling Whirpool Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

BlackNoir

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I bought a whirlpool bath with a 1hp motor and was wondering if there was a way to throttle/slow down the water flow from the pump?

Thanks,
BlackNoir

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check with the tub manufacturer for possible fancier controls...some can be adjusted. Did you check their website to see if that was offered as an option?

BlackNoir

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I called them actually and the 'Adjustable' pump is an extra option you can opt for when buying the tub. I bought mine off of craigslist so no options for me. They said to upgrade mine at this point would be $500.. I don't need it THAT bad.. :)

The guy I bought it from thought maybe putting a valve in-line with the exhaust from the pump would work but I wasn't sure if that would be hard on the motor or not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks