What adhesive bonds to porcelain?

Users who are viewing this thread

engnenk

Reaction score
I am installing a shower door onto a cast iron tub and am unable to drill into the tub to mount the bottom guide for the sliding door (guide measures 1" x 2"). The next best option seems to be to glue the guide in place. What is the best product that will give the longest and strongest bond between porcelain and stainless steel?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of the glass tub enclosures don't need that track to be attached other than to provide a water seal...it is held in place by the uprights at the ends.

John 42

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I would like to install a tub door as well without drilling in the cast iron tub.
Has the silicone adhesive worked well for anyone?
I am sure the manufacturer will stick with their requirement to screw it down. But our gravity is pretty stable here and should hold it down, so I guess the problems are lateral.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have NEVER seen a tub door bottom rail that had holes for screws in it. (if they did have screw holes, they would not sell many of them because few owners would want to ruin their tubs by drilling them) They always attach with a bead of caulking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks