Sink fixture in wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Malibu Jim

Reaction score
We are starting a mild makeover of our main bathroom. The wife wants one of these vessel type bowls, so we're going to replace the counter with a granite slab, for the vessel to sit on. Now she has seen a bathroom with a vessel sink and the faucet coming out of the wall behind it. There was also a granite backsplash about 15" high that the faucet protrudes thru. Question is, our water s/o's are in the cabinet; do I run flex hoses up inside :confused:the wall to the faucet, or should this be copper? This type of installation looks like it could be trouble in the future if it ever had to be replaced.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You need to carefully select, match up, and install both the faucet and sink, otherwise, you may end up with the water stream skating down one side of the sink and right back out over the opposite side...not the best place for a shower...

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
you poor bastard......

your wife saw this stuff on line somewhere and now
you got to make her happy,

you might be able to get the water lines to line up
and you might be able to get the holes in the granite perfect to make it work,
'

if you do it right you put two solid peices of copper up the wall with
nibco 1/2 brass wing ells screwed to some wood backing ,
approx at 8 inches on center if that is
what the specs for the faucet call for... make sure its level...

then you got to figure out how far back in the wall you need the ells to be
and then you install a couple of 1/2 brass nipples out of the wall to the proper distance
so the fancy faucet tightens down correctly....

and of course you got to be right on with the holes in the granite back spalsh.....

even after you go to all this trouble ,

I doubt it will truely make your wife happy......

I would put my foot down and tell her..... NO WAY....

Attachments

• ccc18327_cp.jpg
    ccc18327_cp.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited by a moderator:

Malibu Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers & opinions. I guess this job is, more or less, like setting fixtures for a bath tub. I told her I'd have to go in thru the wall in back of the bathroom, so she's reconsidering now. Think if I throw in a Barclay sq glass sink, we can go with counter mounted faucet. Thanks again.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

The first thing you would want to do is get a "GOOD" faucet that you really like so there would NEVER be a reason to access it or change it. You can also use a counter mounted faucet with ANY vessel sink, if you chose the correct one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks