Sand Separators

Users who are viewing this thread

Chatterk

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a new thread since I have a new question. I'm still on the hunt for a water softener but in talking to one company today about our water and how quickly the filter gets dirty he suggested a sand separator (filter). He suggested one with a ball valve and when water hits the T it would cyclone and the smaller particles would be sucked to the bottom. Also there would be a check valve on it and the ball valve would be cracked a small amount with a hose (or pvc) coming off of it to drain the sediment.

So it would go Well - Sand Sep - Pressure tank - Filter - Softener

Is it worth a shot? Here is a pic of our filter after 1 week.
Thanks,
C

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 324

Chatterk

Reaction score
I don't think we have sand. The sand separator was just suggested to pull some of our bigger sediments down (and out). However, I am beginning to realize all the larger chunks were a result of chlorination.

I am now wondering if we shouldn't just install a second filter before the softener and hope that is enough.

And I'm sure this is a cheaper filter (from a local store).

C

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks