Symmons Type B, failed attempt

Users who are viewing this thread

stainedhead

Reaction score
My wife has been on me to stop the leaking of our symmons shower faucet. I purchased the hot/cold water washer kits and attempted to do the replacement. I only replaced the hot washer, and put the handle back together. It would not turn.

After calling my father-in-law, who said he would be right over, I decided I should take the second shower apart to see if I had made a mistake. I didnt appear to have made one. He showed up and agreed, everything looked correct. We put the first one back together again and still no turning.

We put the second one back together, no turning. You can imagine the wife is NOT HAPPY. We have one shower left and are sharing it with the kids. Please help if you have any ideas.

It all appears to go together correctly, we are obviously missing something.

I am ready to replace the entire barrel assembly.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks