short toilet (like Eljer canterbury) wanted - ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Scottyt

Reaction score
We're remodeling a small cottage. Best place for a new toilet is under a low window. Want the tank to be below the window sill. This limits me to 24" in height. We were going to buy the Eljer Canterbury, but the recent reviews in Consumer Reports says it's only "fair" at flushing solids. Any suggested alternatives that are good at solids? Thanks.

Eljer Canterbury, MaP 150 grams

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto Supreme for a short toilet

The Toto Supreme would work well for that.

23.5" high, 26.5" long

It comes with the Toto 3" flush valve and a sweeping 2-1/8" trapway.
This has a complete flush and low noise levels.

This toilet is good at solids and also good at fine debrie (not something that Consumer Reports tests for)
So I would not only say it worked well in a lab setting flushing rubber sponges, but it will work well with home use.

https://terrylove.com/wc/toto864.htm

ms864_6.jpg

Last edited:

Scottyt

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. If I still lived in the evergreen state, I'd have to buy one from you. However, I'm in the garden (beer can) state.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks