Problems with sink pop up drain

Users who are viewing this thread

00don

Reaction score
I just installed a Pegasus brand bathroom sink faucet/handle set - 8" so we are talking three holes in the granite. I immediately noticed what I would consider a design flaw with the pop up rod... the thumb screw and associated piece hangs up on the "quick connect" hoses from the faucet handles. I used ties to hold the hoses out of the way.

Regardless, when I secure the rod into the drain through the hole in the bottom of the pop up, even pushing the rod all the way down produces only a tiny gap to allow water to flow out. If I place the rod under the entire pop up, it will not close. Additionally, there is "swing" where the rod moves left and right upon movement which causes the pop up to tilt left or right making the opening even less effective.

Finally, because of the distance from the drain to the wall (rod), I have to bend the down piece (the one with the holes in it) which also does not help.

I went to our local "good" store (not Home Depot or Lowes) but could find no other pop up set that was any different than what I got with my faucet set.

Also, I have double sinks so I'm having problems with both... so it's not an isolated problem.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Don

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks