(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: "Waltec 12"

  1. #1

    Default "Waltec 12"

    Were changing out an old valve/tub/shower assembly that was made by "waltec 12" and am having a little problem with finding something compatible with it ,so that I dont have to "rip-out" the tile. The rough-in for the "waltec-12" had 3 half inch copper pipes coming in at the same level in-line horizontally through the wall of the tub ,the handles on the outside with the tub spout in the middle.The handles are on 6 inch centres.The valve ended up inside the tub/shower with a cover that went over it and fit flush to the wall. So if I can find something that has a similar "rough-in" to it , I would gladly take anyones information for this.

    Thanks in advance,
    Scott the plumber.

  2. #2
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    New England


    That level or remodel usually requires bringing the valve up to code...this means an anti-scald valve (pressure balanced or thermostatically controlled). There are remodeling plates that would cover the area needed to rip out that valve and install a new one without removing all of the tile.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts