Tank less Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Pipelayinghost

Reaction score
I have many customers always asking about tank less heaters and most of them don't have gas service so I advise them not to go tank less,well I am getting ready to add a bathroom to my own home,master bedroom as well ,its my own home so I will not be Pennie pinching,my question is about going tank less I know little to nothing about them other then the gas one are much better. I have installed a couple electric ones for customers after advising against it and most have been happy with their performance,their only shock was the electrical estimates some of them got because they lived in older homes with smaller amp services. I have 150 amp in my home with plenty of room in the box for more breakers,also a good buddy of mine is a licensed electrician who always needs plumbing favors,I donot have gas service to my home, I could purchase a huge propane tank and bury it under ground if gas is the way to go. I live in Florida where it rarely gets below 40 degrees,my home is almost 3000 sq ft with 2 existing bath rooms and will be adding a 3RD, also have dish washer and laundry room needing lots of hot water, I don't really care if I need to only run certain appliances at a time but would rather have one unit handle it all,if gas is my only option then it is what its, but can this been done with an electric model as well,thanks in advance.:)

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Even a moderate size electric tankless would need something like 120 amps @240 volts. You don't have enough capacity on a 150 amp service.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks