tile cutter guide fence isn't square.

Users who are viewing this thread

AcidWater

Reaction score
I went to home creepo & got a Workforce 20" tile cutter. It scores & snaps great, but the built-in guide fence is not square to the blade. Its off by 1/8" on a 16" tile.

Its hard enough just eyeballing where the cut will be, because the guide is not centered either.

Is this what I should expect from a $30 tool nowadays?

Also the ruler is metric...

The guide fence is screwed directly into the base of the machine... I suppose I could widen the holes in the base & use longer bolts with washers, and snug it tight after adjusting it.

What a PITA !!! Hardly worth it for a couple dozen cuts.

Does anyone have a method of somehow setting a ruler down the line you want to cut & SEEING it? The guide rods & cutter handle are in the way; I can't easily see the edge of the blade at the same time as I hold a ruler to it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks