Bottled Water Cooler -- Cleaning Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I got a free Poland Spring 5 gallon water cooler from work.
We've been using the cooler for years, but they got a new one....

I took and home and tried to clean it up, in order to clean it up to meet my wife's cleanliness standards.

As I inspected it, I noticed that there is a brown film/staining on the plastic components of the cooler (in the resovoir, on the plastic baffle in the resovoir). I also unscrewed the hot and cold spigot handles and there was the brown film/staining in there too. It kinda looks like mineral deposits/staining.

It comes off when i run my finger across it....but i can't get my finger in all the nooks and crannies where the staining is.
So, I ran boiling water through the unit. I let the boiling water sit in the unit for over 20 minutes. But that didn't get rid of the brown film.
I tried vinegar and hot water....no luck....
I tried bleach and hot water.....no luck...

Does anyone have any suggestions for clenaing up the brown stain/film?
Or should I not be worried about the staining? Is the stain/film mineral deposits from the bottled water?

thanks.
mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks