Bathtub drain PVC to ABS waste stack

Users who are viewing this thread

woods1966

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've searched for this a few times and haven't found an answer.

I'm replacing an alcove bathtub in our house and have everything pretty well figured out with one exception.

Current tub (being removed) is drain plumbed in ABS, connecting to ABS waste pipe.

Every kit I can find locally for a new drain for the new tub is either Brass or PVC. Can't find ABS (although I can find that on line).

I know I can't reliably connect PVC to the ABS waste pipe with a solvent (there is a product but it sounds like it doesn't meet code and is less than a perfect solution).

Is there a mechanical coupling option? I'm thinking run the PVC into a slip threaded ABS connection. This is a pretty typical sink p trap connection, but for a finished enclosed wall, not sure that this is reliable.

OR

Should I just seek out ABS drain parts and link the ABS drain to the ABS waste?

Any thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

Bob

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Bob here you go , a picture is worth a thousand words.

sc-proflex-main.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks