Reliance 606 Electric Hot Water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

samblam

Reaction score
I have a 40 gal Reliance 606 Electric Hot Water Heater. The water gets too hot, even on the lowest setting. It shuts down after taking a shower, using the dish washer or washing machine and I have to push the reset button. When it is heating it makes lots of noise. What is the problem? Do I need a new water heater or can it be fixed? :confused:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need someone to check it out...it is most likely an element but it could also be a upper and /or lower thermostat...all electric water heaters can be fixed unless the tank is leaking...

I will replace the upper thurmostat if it has been tripping due to a shorting element reguardless...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

That is almost, but not always, caused by one of the elements shorting out and bypassing the thermostat. Do not change anything until everything has been tested to see where the problem is.

B

brodiehavelock

electric hot water

Despite the number of benefits that you get from buying electric Rheem hot water systems, you will most benefit from the fact that it heats the water easily. For this reason alone, you get to save your time waiting for water to be heated. This can help you get to work on time, especially if there are a lot of you in the home. Since water gets heated fast, you can all take a shower fast. You no longer have to spend so much time waiting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks