Toto CST703.10 Reviews?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wfon55

Reaction score
I've done some searching on the forum but I've only seen mentions of the TOTO CST703.10 (10" rough), mainly that it splashes when flushed. It seems like this model is the best fit for my installation, which sadly has a 3" forced hot water baseboard to contend with along with an 11.5" rough from the wall (not including the baseboard).

So I'm wondering if anyone out there can comment on their satisfaction level with the Toto CST703.10 or point me to an review of it. I'd also appreciate any suggestions of other models or manufacturers I should consider given the installation constraints. (Photo of existing American Standard toilet & drawing of the Toto provided below).

I've read that I should consider installing a waxless seal given the baseboard heater, but my old American Standard has had no problems other than using way too much water.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,361
  • CST703.10.png
    CST703.10.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,383
Last edited by a moderator:

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed two of the CST703.10's in a building where I work last week. They seem to work fine, but as I said it's only been a week. They only get "punished' about one day a week. I only had 10 3/4" so they worked out great for me as far as install goes.

SamC

Reaction score
MaP testing indicates the 703 flushes 550 grams, while the Dalton flushes 650 grams. I believe the Dalton has a jet while the 703 does not.

Nick Gibb

Reaction score
What can you tell me about the TOTO Reliance???

I have the possibility of being able to purchase a Toto Reliance toilet with a 10" rough in at a STEAL of a price. I believe it is a discontinued model, so I wanted to get some input, review, thoughts as to whether it is a good toilet or if there is a reason (other than aesthetics) that it is no longer produced by Toto.

Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It must be a discontinued model because Terry has not had it listed on this site in the several years I have been lurking about. I know they discontinued the Carouso model because it did not perform exceptionally well and other models that did perform sold for just slight more. Can't say for sure if the Reliance fits that description or not, but if I had to guess, I guess that would be the reason.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just a follow up on the above post. The Dalton has been discontinued. While it wasn't a "bad" toilet, the Drake was better for almost the same price. Again, I think that was likely the fate of the Reliance. Not having first hand knowledge doesn't help much, but since you got this Reliance for " a steal", try it. If it works for you, you're the smartest shopper in town. If it doesn't, you're not out a fortune. Such is the way of buying bargains. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks