6 zones and 2 are not working

Users who are viewing this thread

mspross

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a 6 zone automatic sprinkler system. I seem to be having a problem with 2 of them not coming on. The zones are on different areas of my lawn, one on the front side, the other on the last zone in the back yard.

I really have no clue on where to even start to look at what the problem may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One other note, I did notice that when I ran a "test" on all the stations, at one point, I heard some "whining" type noise coming from one of the stations areas. Would this have something to do with it?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't have a suggestion about the whining sound, but I would suggest you examine the wiring to the electric valves. There are individual hot wires coming from the controller to the valves, one to each. There is a single ground wire that are linked from one valve to the other. I suspect a couple of these has lost contact. Usually these are linked with wire nuts that have silicone fillings to keep them waterproof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks