Water softener question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jed1154

Reaction score
I have a dual tank water softener. Teh cover says Culligan but its a Fleck 9000 valve. Anyway, it works very well, but my question is, how do the 'non salt' water conditioners work? I cannot find ANY info online on how they actually work for me to make my own assessment as teo whether they are snake oil or what.

Whats the deal with them? Ive always had a salt style, and it...well...works, always. Can someone tell me how the unit work that do not use any salt?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
They are not "softeners" because they don't remove any hardness, they are supposed to make water act as if it is softened but they usually don't do that or not much. Those that do allow a whitish film all over surfaces the water is allowed to dry on. So I say don't waste your money and continue your softener that works.

Jed1154

Reaction score
haha....yes, i figured that was my first guess.

Im not in the market for a new one. This one is close to 10 years old and hasnt given me any trouble knock on wood. When it craters, I intend on getting another Fleck dual tank model....or rebuild it.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I always thought the non salt units (unless they were magnets) were the units that used Pottassium Chloride instead of Calcium Chloride. Cute sales trick played on unsuspecting consumers by snake oil salesmen.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks