kitchen appliances

Users who are viewing this thread

chaoster

Reaction score
What are some good brands to consider? Mainly a fridge and stove. Seems Ge cost more than others. Interested in mid range stuff not top of the line pro quality.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Whirlpool is top of the heap in my book. GE is pretty good.
Sears Kenmore brand always seems to hold up well. A lot of their stuff is made by GE and Whirlpool, but not exclusively. They use ALL brands, including some you have not heard of.

Problem today is....there are only a few companies in the appliance business. GE, Whirlpool, and LG are the big guns. Next is Electrolux.

Just about any other brand you see out there is made/owned by one of these. ( Whirlpool = Roper, Estate, Maytag) ( Electrolux= Frigidaire, etc.)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
apliances

What features do you want? Sometimes that eliminates a lot of options. For example, my induction cooktop was only made by GE or a couple of companies in Australia, which would have made getting service somewhat difficult. Even then I got the last one available in the United States and it was new, but an obsolete model, and the exact one I wanted.

Last edited:

Macman

Reaction score
We went through this decision last summer. One of the places I checked when reading up was Consumer Reports. GE and Whirlpool were one of the best for reliability, while Maytag consistently was one of the worst. Decided on GE for both fridge and (gas) range. Haven't regretted the decision so far, but major appliances are one of the few things that I do believe in extended warranties on. They don't make 'em like they used to. We purchased mid-range product quality line stuff. The only thing that nobody seems to get good grades on is icemakers. Ours does the job, but that's about it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks