Double Throw Pressure Controller Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

SnittyKitty

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a pressure controller switch that can be grid-tied and generator tied without rewiring the darn thing? It has to be a switch that doesn't put generator power back on the grid something that you see in automatic transfer switches and double pole. I'm leaning on the idea of buying a 4 prong 220 VAC male plug that inserts into my generator and running 250 VAC rated outdoor wire within electric conduit directly to the pressure switch but the question is how once I'm there with the wire; thanks.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I've never heard of anything like that but I'm sure it could be done with the right electronic controller(s). Me, I'd flipe the breakers on the pump and plug in the generator plug after doing that and starting the generator. I might rig up a plug on the line from the breakers to the switch so it didn't backfeed to the panel box. But then this is all without thinking this through fully.

Thassler

Reaction score
I've used these before:

http://www.nooutage.com/CSR.HTM

There are several different models to choose from, depending upon if indoor/outdoor is needed. They can be installed on the load side of a branch circuit breaker. I installed one at my pump house so during a power outage I could start the generator, flip the transfer switch and have water with no danger of the generator backfeeding the grid.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks