Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Most of the posts have been respectful, a few have been sarcastic but for the most part there have not been a lot of insults. It's a good thread and pretty informative if anyone wants to slog through it all.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yep, did miss that, sorry. It's been a good thread though so far and really, the only one on the web that has extensivly talked about these things also. Unfortunately too many folks get bamboozled by those radio adds on Hannity and Beck. I have even tried emailing Hannity and Beck and asked them to take a look at this thread but naturally, either they didn't read or are more interested in advertising dollars than helping their listeners.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Advertising dollars.
It does matter.

Years ago, when my brother was working with Ralph Nader, he was commenting of the dearth of reporting on the issues he was working on. Everytime he would put information before congress, there would be someone walking down the isles before big votes handing out $10,000 checks to everyone in the room. I told him that he was kind of cynical. He said I would be too after a while.
Then as months went by, I started noticing the advertisements in major publications trying to explain their position, the position that was opposite to what my brother was working on. Which by the way is costing all of us much more money every day.
But no news stories. Wow! No discussion of what was going on in the capital, but big ads in every publication explaining why they were charging Joe Public so much money, and no second viewpoint.
Yeah, dollars win a lot of the time. I get to hear a lot of the back stories from him. It's pretty interesting.
He has now split off into his own venture. http://keionline.org/

http://keionline.org/vectors

Last edited:

BV

Reaction score
My thoughts on this,
I understand the idea behind the device but, the device in the picture is nothing more than a pet rock.

1) It would need way more power to actually clean a house full of copper pipe, not that I believe theres even a small chance that what I see in the picture really does something. A wild guess would be at least 20 amps.
2) There goes any possible savings you hoped to get from using it.

I have no plans to buy one.

Thanks for the thread.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yea, you would probably need a neuc plant in your back yard with a direct line to the generators

Scott D. Plumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.profitableplumbing.com
Follow up on the Hydrocare

You may want to check this company (Hydrocare) out with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) at www.bbb.org/east-texas/business-reviews/gift-shops/hydrocare-in-tyler-tx-28032637. You can then judge for yourself.

I would agree with this statement. It's been a while since I've visted this forum. More just busy than anything. As a complete follow up to my dealings with this company I thought I would share a bit more since it has been quite a while since this first got going.

I have now 2 of these devices in my own home. Why? Well honestly I already had one and got the other from a customer return who did not like it and I installed that one too just for giggles.

I'm running 15gr hardness and my twin Rinnai system has been in for about 6 years. Never have serviced them...on purpose, to see how long they take to lime up. So far sso good. I clean the filters out a couple times a year now.

As for the Hydrocare, we quit selling them to our customers. After dealing with their sales manager who sold them like a carny at the fair, the over promises from the MFG were just too much to bear. When customers did not see the dramatic results promised, they would get upset and want their money back. If you could get a response it was some excuse. (We never promised more than we thought it would do but the company sure seemed to) I heard their guy in person telling people things like their shower doors would clean themslves and the lime on their counters will miraculously dissapear. Crap like that.

I want to be clear, I still think it works. I still have mine in, and I have no plans to take them out. HOWEVER I understand what I believe this thing is capable of and what it's not. It is not a water softener. I can't deal with folks who overpromise and underdeliver though and it's hard enough to retain good customers without someone overselling their widget.

Take it however you want. That's my experiance with this company and the product.

GMrules

Reaction score
I just checked back in and I cannot believe what I started with a simple question...

I enjoyed reading it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks