Hydrocare HC38 Thoughts???

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think capitalism gives people the right to choose their own destiny. You should be able to reap what you sow. Those of us who reap what we sow have no problem helping those who are physically or mentally unable to do any reaping or sowing. We also have no problem using what we reap to protect our country from enemies foreign and domestic. However we should not be responsible for helping those who are physically and mentally able and are just too lazy or think they are too good to do any sowing. No one is entitled to reap what somebody else is sowing, simply because someone else is sowing more than they are. And we certainly do not want to give what we reap to professional politicians who purposely cause problems or refuse to solve problems in order to live a life of reaping without having to sow.

As far as the market place is concerned, Caviet emptor should rule the day. People should be able to purchase anything they want with their own money, even if it is not good for them. Ie; transfats, alcohol, cigarettes, firearms, power hunger big screen TV’s, HC38’s, etc.. They should only be punished if what they do with it will harm someone else. Ie; drinking and driving, bodily harm with a weapon, etc. In the same way companies should be punished if they knowingly produce a product that could harm someone without labeling it as such. Ie; cigarettes, alcohol, poisons, acids, prescription drugs, etc.. But as long as it is labeled and used properly, people should be able to buy acid to correct swimming pool water chemistry, firearms for hunting or sport, cigarettes and alcohol for their own enjoyment, medical insurance if we want the best in medical treatment, etc, etc..

Our founding fathers knew power corrupts and therefore government is not capable of making these decisions for us. They wrote the constitution to protect us from government officials who think they know better than us. Our current government really believes they know better than us and they are doing everything they can to break or dilute our constitution. Therefore I will vote for republicans as a means to vote against democrats. However, I would prefer the opportunity to vote for some of the people, so our government could go back to being of the people, by the people, and for the people. That would mean we would need to draft people to vote for, as anyone who wants to be a politician, should be immediately disqualified. Vote for those who are for less government, and make them keep their promise by voting out incumbents who have already been there too long.

If you sow, get out and vote. Because others are voting to reap what you have sown.

D

Dano6401

Less government is better government but I don't think things like dynomite should be sold to just anyone. As for the stuff that they are talking about here, at least they took some time to see what other people say about it before spending the money which is good.

tmp9a59

Reaction score
Big Dripper, your "results" are more valid than the testimonials presented by the peddler (or at least of the same quality, no offense :)) since there is no truly definitive proof that the method actually works.

If this were the break through product, it would be easily proved with an objective trial from a truly independent 3rd party.

Last edited:

tylerw8cpa

Reaction score
So, how did it work?

Hi Scott,

You posted back in June of 2009 stating that you had ordered this and said you would report back. I cannot find where you reported back. Could you please let me know what your experience was?

Thanks.

Actually Sport, I have been an advisor on ****.com for about 15 years. (name not allowed on this site) I just found this forum while looking around the internet for more info on this product and thought I’d weigh in. I assume that’s acceptable to you. Now it’s the web, and people can make up what they want, however I have been in this field since 1984. I have held a master plumber, gas fitter and pipe fitter card since 1998. I have run pipe many people have not even heard of including several different types of acid waste including Durion, Glass, Fuseal and Enfield, soldered up to 6†copper on hotel jobs, run Cast iron to 16†including lead and oakum joints and no hub as well as compression, stainless steel, all the plastics for waste and water and even sprinkler. I have run a small repair company and school, college and other commercial project s and have served as a project manager and estimator in Richmond Va for major outfits, am a radiant floor heating designer and consultant as well as a trainer for a major tankless water heater.

So, I think my opinion counts for a little something. I too have seen things come and go (Quest) and seen promises not live up to expectations. However if everyone had their head up their butt and refused to try new things in the field you sir would still be riding a horse to work and screwing galvanized pipe together. (Which I have also done)
I advise anyone to keep an open mind on things and do their own homework! Instead of just spouting off something negative because you wish to show how smart you are.

I don’t know much more about this thing than you, however I do know someone who has it and wears by it that I trust. Once mine is in, I’ll report back. My guess is some people will still disregard it and that’s fine. It’s a free country...at least for a little while longer. Have a nice day.

attachment.php

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hi Scott,

You posted back in June of 2009 stating that you had ordered this and said you would report back. I cannot find where you reported back. Could you please let me know what your experience was?

Thanks.

Hi Tyler,
I haven't seen Scott posting here since last July I don't know Know If he will be back to answer you or, not.

I can however give you an unbiased answer from my Magic 8-Ball...

Does the Hydrocare HC38 work?

magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg

my2cents

Reaction score
Chemistry101

Guys the problem is you seem to be arguing over the purpose of a softener vs the hydrocare unit. Regardless...your argument against the unit (forgive me) does not hold water. its not physics it is chemistry You are looking for aragonite...this is what you get instead of scale when you apply alternating current. Aragonite is formed instead of the scaling due to water saturation, hence the powdery residue instead of the hard scaly former deposits. Yes, the unit can and probably does work to stop the formation of hard scaling on pipes and fixtures, and could have an effect on the usage of soaps as well.
No I dont own one and no I dont sell them, just thought this argument seemed a little uninformed.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Guys the problem is you seem to be arguing over the purpose of a softener vs the hydrocare unit. Regardless...your argument against the unit (forgive me) does not hold water. its not physics it is chemistry You are looking for aragonite...this is what you get instead of scale when you apply alternating current. Aragonite is formed instead of the scaling due to water saturation, hence the powdery residue instead of the hard scaly former deposits. Yes, the unit can and probably does work to stop the formation of hard scaling on pipes and fixtures, and could have an effect on the usage of soaps as well.
No I dont own one and no I dont sell them, just thought this argument seemed a little uninformed.

Right!
So by you own admission it is not a water softener!
This is good we are making progress here....
It is not a water softener.

Now...
Lets move on to the anti scaling properties of this unit...
The often cited anti-scaling report cites results from a closed loop system where the water is recirculated on multiple passes....
I'm going to say Bravo I agree with that!
In fact the closed loop multi-pass system is the only place where these units have shown any promise of working in a descaling application....
See we are making progress here...
You have just convinced old Redwood of 2 positive aspects of this device...
We are in agreement and in tune....
This is next to impossible.....

Screeeech... Crash!
We knew this was coming....
It was only a mater of time....

Time to put down the crack pipe son the party is over....
What the heck are you doing promoting a device that has only shown promise in testing on a multiple pass closed loop system, for installation on a single pass open system?

Lets bring on the subjective testing results....
I use less soap....
My water feels better...
My showerhead looks cleaner...

crack-pipe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

my2cents

Reaction score
To Redwood

What are you yapping about? The unit does have the ability to change the quality of the water...as aragonite is formed, it draws the minerals to it, preferring not to adhere to surfaces. Thus it is capable of preventing scale build up, and it also has the much desired ability of removing existing build up from any surface the new "treated" water comes in contact with. Regardless of the type of system. As for the soap...well it will react differently with the aragonite structures present in the water, so chemically there will be a change, whether that is perceived as a pleasing one or not would be a matter of personal preference. This technology would certainly remove build up in say water heaters, toilets and the like. The benefit of removing existing build up in water heater would (if the build up were heavy) certainly result in better heater performance, ( more heat for less fuel=less cost.) I am not aware of other desired benefits of water softeners? Personally, I have paid $$$ to drink mineral water, so I am not against the minerals in the water for drinking purposes, I would imagine that the top complaint of people with hard water is the damage done to appliances, mainly washers, heaters from the scale??? Am I wrong those of you who sell water softeners? Why are you against a product that can stop that damage? If you are looking for the 'how can it?'...I just told you how. Its not really all that complicated, and is very very similar to what you accomplish through the products that you water softener guys sell. Its just less expensive, and less work. Time to find a new item to sell, thats all.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Its not really all that complicated, and is very very similar to what you accomplish through the products that you water softener guys sell. Its just less expensive, and less work. Time to find a new item to sell, thats all.

LOL there you go with the circle jerk right back to claiming it does the same thing a water softener does....

Which it doesn't!

The anti scale properties only come into play in a multi-pass closed loop system which is not a domestic hot water system...

The domestic hot water system is a single pass open system....

Good luck buddy you aren't selling anything here....
Better go find that new item to sell....

I've given you the 2 points and you should be happy with that not go back and try to reargue them....

Last edited:

Redwoodvotesoften1

Reaction score

Yep I don own one o dese gizmo's either.
Seems lik a buncha snake oil ta me.
An you seem like a travelin snake oil sales man.

Now git on along befour I pepper ur butt with a load a rock salt out o ol betsy.

my2cents

Reaction score
You sir, are wrong. Chemical reactions are not constrained by open or closed looped systems, the reaction prompted by the alternating currents will occur in any plumbing situation where there is water with the minerals present. That sir includes domestic plumbing, ANY plumbing. Ignorance of the principals involved in this reaction does not excuse you from presenting a "professional" opinion which could mislead consumers. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here, assuming that you are not INTENTIONALLY giving false information. To anyone in doubt and looking to find more info...search aragonite, and how it is formed, and what its properties are-then you will be well informed enough to make a decision for yourself about the potential of these units to perform the functions that you and your particular system need.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You sir, are wrong. Chemical reactions are not constrained by open or closed looped systems, the reaction prompted by the alternating currents will occur in any plumbing situation where there is water with the minerals present. That sir includes domestic plumbing, ANY plumbing. Ignorance of the principals involved in this reaction does not excuse you from presenting a "professional" opinion which could mislead consumers. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here, assuming that you are not INTENTIONALLY giving false information. To anyone in doubt and looking to find more info...search aragonite, and how it is formed, and what its properties are-then you will be well informed enough to make a decision for yourself about the potential of these units to perform the functions that you and your particular system need.

No sir!
It is you that has the crackpipe dangling off of your lips....

If you had the faintest clue of what the information you are citing was about you would know that Aragonite is a thermodynamically unstable form at standard temperatures and pressures so the only time your unit shows even a glint of promise is in a multi-pass closed loop system.

Have a nice day and stop back later when you have factual data to bring to the table.
Your misinterpretation of data and the smoke & mirrors in your presentation are much like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
Pardon me I'm off to rattle some chicken bones and cast a voodoo spell on on some water...
Oh wait....
I don't have to do that I'm a believer in the Ion Exchange Method of water softening which does work...

my2cents

Reaction score
lol Red wood. Again I will say to all those reading who are contemplating this unit, get off this site and go search aragonite, and then you will have your answers, do not trust these bullys who apparently are so afraid of change, I think they could stand in the rain and deny they are wet.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Aragonite is unstable at normal pressures and temperatures, and changing ordinary calcium and magnesium into arogonite by any practical and reasonably inexpensive processes is not chemically possible. Notice that for all these wonder gizmo's, there is never any testimony or clinical proof that has been done by respected chemists.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Notice that for all these wonder gizmo's, there is never any testimony or clinical proof that has been done by respected chemists.
Not meaning to defend electronic water treatment, I'm just saying...

I have seen some cause white powdery material all over sinks, showers etc. wherever (hard) water was allowed to evaporate.

Scientists.... until 25-30 years ago, scientists mistakenly taught that there was no life on the ocean floor.

And some 20+ years ago, for close to 20 years before that, all but a couple said long run out landslides were not the cause of long run out land slides although they saw the evidence of long run out slides in many locations around the world.

We have heard of global warming for 15 years and all of a sudden we find scientists were lying about the data but... we are only 10,000 years out of the last ice age (which I hear the cycle is about 100,000 years) and I think we should be warming, I just don't agree that mankind, and especially us Americans, are responsible for it as the democrats and some republicans claimed.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, but there is plenty of real scientific evidence that does not support the claim. There are still many many things to discover but I'm pretty sure the evidence on this subject is all pretty much in. I did read through the rest of this thread and scattered in among the obvious plugs there are many web sites that do a real good job of explaining this stuff.

JBJ

Reaction score
First time poster here. Am interested in the product and like all here, goggled and found this site looking for "truth." I think I've seen a lot of mixed comments, some well intentioned, some with a lot of . . . BS. To put some of my thinking right up front without pretensions . . . I am skeptical. For $600 plus, it may be best to be . . . skeptical, right? Which leads me to some basic questions.

The product just clamps onto a pipe and after being plugged into an electrical outlet, emits radio . . . waves, beams, signals, or . . . . what-nots, right? ? But it's radio and electrical in some, most or all ways, right? And such a seemingly simple device costs $600 and higher for the bigger units, eh?

I have these Ridde X electronic units that chase away (or prevent somehow) bugs and rodents from coming into your home. You just plug it into an outlet (maybe more than one depending upon the size of the home) and boom, no more bugs or rodents. Now I'm not promoting them and not commenting on how effective they've been in my house, but they, too, have a money back guarantee and are sold at Home Depot, Lowes, Bed, Bath and Beyond and many other places BUT for just about $10 to $12. If the marketplace of free ideas and vastly new products (shown every Sunday in the many local newspapers advertisements and promotions) doesn't contain sales pitches and prices for this new water aiding product, but instead has a "peculiar" (yes, peculiar) marketing methodology that "hides" the price from the consumer until a slick sales person has access, then what should an average skeptic think? These are not sold anywhere except through specialty houses at incredibly HIGH prices. Does anyone dispute the word "high?" And yes, they are hidden until the last minute or you read them here.

Now the Ridde X electronic bug things are very controversial, too, as to whether they actually work. But the big difference here with their and many, many, many other products is that they're sold everywhere and anywhere there is a profit to be made. It's unfortunate but usually the case that the reseller rarely if ever cares if the products does whatever it claims to do. Period.

Why isn't this simple (seemingly) device sold for $19.95 -- oh wait, if ordered within the next 10 minutes you get a second unit, just pay for separate shipping and handling? Why in the world is this "radio" device costing $600 plus dollars? What say you proponents of these devices? Yay or nay? Or do you really just have no idea?

IMPORTANT: At least one posting (page 17, I believe) says a $500 small unit price in the US was just $150 US in England. Wow, wow, wow. What a difference. If this were at the $150 price, I'd probably try it out, but to gamble, yes it is gambling $600 plus, plus (I need a bigger unit), seems to be insane, unless you have money to burn.

Query: Couldn't I just hook up my Ridde X bug thing, or a radio thing, to my water pipes and save a bundle of $$$ money? Or on the other hand, if these water ionizer device companies wants to give it to me free and take my supportive commentary for their use, I would be happy to do so. --JBJ

JBJ

Reaction score
I just got an email response back from Hydrocare on the cost of a unit that is hidden in all advertisements --yes hidden until you make special inquiry -- and for between $600 and $1200 some on this site would suggest that one relies on the WAG claims and opinions about the effectiveness of these products without more? ? ? That's irresponsible. Totally.

The proponents of this product and presumably the sponsor of this site would support voodoo commentary to suggest expending such large sums of money on the basis of "radio waves, sounds, signals, or what-nots" sent into water pipes by simply wrapping something around a water pipe??? Cannot we all just hold hands in a seance and say . . . "we want better water!" Should this not be a $14.95 product available at your local Bed, Bath & Beyond or similar outlet?

--JBJ

billinjax

Reaction score
I live in Jacksonville Beach, FL and purchased one of the HC44 units December 2009. To be honest I can't really say that the unit worked in my situation. It is possible that the hot water seemed hotter but can't be positive. The unit failed the one test that I watched throughout the year that I used it. Previous to moving to our current location we lived in a home that had a conventional salt water system. My test involved my Gillette double blade razor. I replace my blade every 3 months. While living with the salt soft water after 3 months the blades had no white sediment or calcium buildup on them. I felt that if the Hydrocare worked I would see similar results. For the first three months living here we only had hard water and I could see the deposits on the blade after 3 months. Once I installed the Hydrocare I assumed I wouldn't see any changes for 4 months since their guarantee wants you to wait at least 4 months to see the results. Well for the whole rest of the year the blades every 3 months looked the same as when I had only hard water.

Anyway I can say that I got a full refund from them when I exercised my rights under their year money back guarantee. I originally paid almost $600 and they very quickly credited my credit card. I assumed that I would have been referred to a retention specialist but that never happened. She simply asked did the system not work for you? I said no and she said she would have the credit back on my card within a couple of days after they get the unit returned.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, it's good that you got your money back. I'm not surprised that you did though. They are smart enough to realize that screwing around with the guarantee would invite even more negative attention.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks