Attachments

• hydrocare.jpg
    hydrocare.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 60,976
Last edited by a moderator:

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would throw the idea of magnetic softening out the door. They don't work! You want a good water softener, i would check out this site i found. Good quality water softeners for cheap money and you could find a plumber to install it for you. If your handy, you could do it yourself, its way simple. I sell and install softeners myself, and the prices are so low on this site, i might actually start buying from them.

www.discountwatersofteners.com

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com

Allen

Reaction score
Hydrocare

First of all, I have one in my house and am extremely happy with the unit. i even tested my upstairs sinks to see if the signal was traveling throughout the house and found that the signal was (I used a device that measures radio signals).
I know a bit about hard water and would point out that those disparaging the product are trying to sell more expensive water softeners. Also, if you look at the hydrocare website, they explain that they are not using magnets. That being said, it's not going to make your water feel soft like a water softener but it will prevent the scale as claimed. They have some real tests showing it works and they also offer a satisfaction guarantee so why not try it.

attachment.php

Scott D. Plumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.profitableplumbing.com
I hate soft water

Here's my thoughts; I hate soft water! Slimy skin, salt to deal with large expensive equipment to break down. No thanks. My water is terrible. I have an HC38 on the way. I read the testimonials (Non of which were from people who sell water sofenters) One was from a freind of mine that I trust. I'll try it.

I know the softener people say "You'll get used to it." Well I don't want to get used to it! Yuck. I'll bet that's what the big convict says to the little little convict when they get in the same cell. You'll get used to it.

attachment.php

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I find it so interesting interesting that this is the FIRST POST for both Allen and Scott D Plumber ... what a coincidence. How fortunate this manufacturer is to have both these people come to the defense of this SNAKE OIL!

I'll tell you what, only when the equipment gets certified through a reputable organization such as the Water Quality Association and objective scientific studies get published will I give this any thought.

What a joke!! A simple radio signal and all the limescale just dissolves away ... yea right.:rolleyes:

Scott D. Plumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.profitableplumbing.com
really?

Actually Sport, I have been an advisor on ****.com for about 15 years. (name not allowed on this site) I just found this forum while looking around the internet for more info on this product and thought I’d weigh in. I assume that’s acceptable to you. Now it’s the web, and people can make up what they want, however I have been in this field since 1984. I have held a master plumber, gas fitter and pipe fitter card since 1998. I have run pipe many people have not even heard of including several different types of acid waste including Durion, Glass, Fuseal and Enfield, soldered up to 6” copper on hotel jobs, run Cast iron to 16” including lead and oakum joints and no hub as well as compression, stainless steel, all the plastics for waste and water and even sprinkler. I have run a small repair company and school, college and other commercial project s and have served as a project manager and estimator in Richmond Va for major outfits, am a radiant floor heating designer and consultant as well as a trainer for a major tankless water heater.

So, I think my opinion counts for a little something. I too have seen things come and go (Quest) and seen promises not live up to expectations. However if everyone had their head up their butt and refused to try new things in the field you sir would still be riding a horse to work and screwing galvanized pipe together. (Which I have also done)
I advise anyone to keep an open mind on things and do their own homework! Instead of just spouting off something negative because you wish to show how smart you are.

I don’t know much more about this thing than you, however I do know someone who has it and wears by it that I trust. Once mine is in, I’ll report back. My guess is some people will still disregard it and that’s fine. It’s a free country...at least for a little while longer. Have a nice day.

attachment.php

Scott D. Plumber,
****.com doesn't allow my name either.
Terry Love

Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
Actually Sport, I have been an advisor on ****.com for about 15 years. (name not allowed on this site) I just found this forum while looking around the internet for more info on this product and thought I’d weigh in. I assume that’s acceptable to you. Now it’s the web, and people can make up what they want, however I have been in this field since 1984. I have held a master plumber, gas fitter and pipe fitter card since 1998. I have run pipe many people have not even heard of including several different types of acid waste including Durion, Glass, Fuseal and Enfield, soldered up to 6†copper on hotel jobs, run Cast iron to 16†including lead and oakum joints and no hub as well as compression, stainless steel, all the plastics for waste and water and even sprinkler. I have run a small repair company and school, college and other commercial project s and have served as a project manager and estimator in Richmond Va for major outfits, am a radiant floor heating designer and consultant as well as a trainer for a major tankless water heater.

So, I think my opinion counts for a little something. I too have seen things come and go (Quest) and seen promises not live up to expectations. However if everyone had their head up their butt and refused to try new things in the field you sir would still be riding a horse to work and screwing galvanized pipe together. (Which I have also done)
I advise anyone to keep an open mind on things and do their own homework! Instead of just spouting off something negative because you wish to show how smart you are.

I don’t know much more about this thing than you, however I do know someone who has it and wears by it that I trust. Once mine is in, I’ll report back. My guess is some people will still disregard it and that’s fine. It’s a free country...at least for a little while longer. Have a nice day.

My you are a sensitive thing ... with all that knowledge, I would have thought by now you'd have answered numerous threads ... but instead heldout for this incredible breakthrough.

Nothing personal, but have you ever heard the old cliche "if it's too good to be true...". Does it work ... I doubt it!

My background is Engineering ... show me the data (not a silly testamonial). Oh, and I loved the video (again no data ... just a slick animation of the limescale melting like butter on a stove).

If you buy this equipment, then you are just supporting this wacho science. I'll bet you could also find a time machine transport system if you googled it.:rolleyes:

Speedbump

Reaction score
I can tell you stories about customers and friends buying these things. None of their stories had happy endings. 99K hit it right on the head. If it seems too good to be true, it is.

I don't care what you hook up to a pipe, the mineral is still in the water and it will still stick to whatever it wants to. With or without that device.

A lot of us argue and bicker on this Forum a lot, because we have differing opinions about things, but you are going to have to get up a lot earlier in the morning to get this to fly with these guys.

We might be ugly; but we ain't stupid.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I haven't seen that specific model in use but I have seen a few other electronic anti-scale descale devices with wires you wrap around the pipe on both sides of the thing that did change the water.

They caused a white powdery film on surfaces where the water was allowed to evaporate on; shower doors and walls, counters, sinks, they all looked like talcum power was blown all over them.

So IMO there is something to them but no one knows how they do whatever they do to water and none of them do it all the time or in all locations on all different waters.

Someday someone might be doing something and have one of those AHHA! light goes on moments and all will be explained. Like long run out landslides that scientists saw evidence all over the world but said since no one could prove a landslide was responsible, they denied it and ruined careers of those that insisted it was.

Kinda like we thought stomach ulcers were caused by worry etc. until some guy down under finally proved his theory that it was a bacteria, Heliobacter Pylori bacteria to be specific; found in groundwater.

Allen

Reaction score
tech info

honestly, i don't understand this but someone said that there was no explanation how it works. here's a link http://www.hydrocareusa.com/content/technology/

again, not sure i understand it but there's also a tab on their site to a couple of independent tests - that means a lot more to me than the testimonials they post.

Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I looked the first time, I will not look again. Just keep planting links in this thread to drive traffic up web traffic and improve the google rating ... no thanks.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
honestly, i don't understand this but someone said that there was no explanation how it works. here's a link http://www.hydrocareusa.com/content/technology/

again, not sure i understand it but there's also a tab on their site to a couple of independent tests - that means a lot more to me than the testimonials they post.
That was me.

I went to the site and the first thing I saw was Theory of Operation. A theory is an unproven educated guess at best. The link to Tests Results then says Testimonials. A testimonial can be easily faked but it is supposed to be from someone that has used the product etc..

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
My opinion is that Hydrocare in NOT a Scam

Hello, I am also a new poster to this forum. I found this while doing research on the Hydrocare products. I have been in the commercial POU water filtration business for almost 8 years and am investigating hard water treatment products to offer my customers other than the traditional salt brine technology.

I am not a “plant†by Hydrocare, but I am going to defend them, based upon my research, against those on this forum who have made unsubstantiated claims that this product is a “scam†.

First of all no one on this forum who made negative comments have indicated that they any first hand knowledge of the Hydrocare products. They have not stated that they have either tested the products in their business or homes or even know anyone who has. I am in the process of testing one of the HC-44 units in my home.

Secondly, I have not read where anyone has directly contacted those who offer testimonials on the product, but some question the legitimacy of the testimonials. I have directly communicated with most of the Hydrocare provided testimonial providers to verify their legitimacy. I am satisfied that they are all real customers and/or dealers of the products. They all have used Hydrocare in their homes and businesses and stand by the claims made in the testimonials. Several are water treatment dealers and plumbers and report that their customers are just as satisfied with the Hydrocare product and claims.

Thirdly, about the claims about phony independent research studies on the product, specifically about the study done by OnSpex; I have read and verified the complete report and conclusions on this testing done to determine if the Hydrocare technology will prevent lime scale build up on tank less water heaters. This report has both before and after pictures of the test subjects and concludes that after 90 days the unit with no hard water treatment had significant lime scale build up and water flow reductions while the unit with the Hydrocare HC-38 had no lime scale build up or water flow reduction.

Finally, In my opinion many of the negative comments on this forum and others are being made by individuals who either sell of have some vested interests in the traditional salt brine water softeners industry and may feel threatened by this new technology. Imagine how horse buggy builders felt threatened, by the first automobiles. To label Hydrocare a scam without first hand experience or doing proper due diligence is wrong and if any thing borders on liable.

Speedbump

Reaction score
To label Hydrocare a scam without first hand experience or doing proper due diligence is wrong and if any thing borders on liable.
It's amazing that two of you have just popped in here advertising this product out of the blue. But it's more amazing that you would pop into a Forum and threaten a bunch of knowledgable guys with liable.

When you have some real proof, you can then try to impress the rest of us with this product.

Terrydbhm

Reaction score
Not making any threats just looking for open minds

It's amazing that two of you have just popped in here advertising this product out of the blue. But it's more amazing that you would pop into a Forum and threaten a bunch of knowledgeable guys with liable.

When you have some real proof, you can then try to impress the rest of us with this product.

I am not threatening anyone with liable, but I will ask the questions again. Have you personally used this product, know anyone who has used it or talked to any end user who has provided testimonials about the product? Have you seen the independent research done on this product and/or talked to the researchers about their findings?

I am currently testing Hydrocare on my home and have talked with end users, dealers and researchers on this product and in my humble opinion find nothing to discredit the claims they make.

I guess you are like the old buggy manufactures and are threatened by this new technology. It seems to me that "you bunch of knowledgeable guys " need to open up your minds to the possibility that there may be some thing better than dumping salt brine down our sewer systems and into the environment in the treatment of hard water and lime scale.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks