Brand new well, w/ iron filter still discolored-- help?

Users who are viewing this thread

lksherf

Reaction score
Recently drilled new well, water is a yellow rusty color. Had well company test water - said it had high iron and small amounts of tannin?? Had iron filter put in and polyfloc feeder pump and 4 x 10 pleated sediment filter. Water is still discolored though not as severe, but unacceptable. When we first pour the water it is cloudy and slightly yellow but in time it (over night) it looks like weak tea and there is a sediment in the bottom of the glass. What now?:confused:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You are getting iron through the treatment equipment.

Did the well driller sell it to you?

What is "polyfloc" and what is it supposed to do?

My guess is it is to prevent rust stains right? If so, it will not work when you heat the water, the iron will be released and then convert to ferric iron/rust in the water.

What mineral is in the iron filter and how is it supposed to work with the polyfloc?

Why the disposable cartridge filter afte an iron filter! Disposable cartridges are a very poor choice for POE (point of entry) treatment and IMO should not be used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks