Blockages ,toto drake

Users who are viewing this thread

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Always try to sell Toto. Removed pressure assisted Gerber. [ TOO LOUD].
Three months 3 soft blockages. I feel We should upgrade to a very good flushing toto. first,I'll auger the blockage,give it the 50 sheet t p flush test over a dry wall bucket. Any suggestions for the next toilet appreciated.Ps
Vent clear,I snaked it.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not too sure what the question is or if you just want reassurance. A Toto Drake would be an excellent choice to replace the old Gerber, and certainly you should verify the drain line is clean, a clogged drain won't work with any toilet. Make sure the flange is secure on top of the finished floor and you should be back in business.

Toolaholic

Reaction score
So sorry, Me Bad

forgot to say a new drake ada is blocking. Will pull one more time,double check trap for object. Whats a better flusher than the drake,please.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toolaholic, you have been around this forum to know that they don't get much better than a Toto, any Toto, and the Drake is one the the better ones. This would lead me to believe there is something else wrong. Could be an object wedged in the trap. Are you missing any small tools? It could be a clog in the the drain that is not getting cleared. Roots come to mind, but could be something else. If you can eliminate the trap being clogged, you may want to consider getting a camera job on the drain.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toolaholic, you have been around this forum enough to know that they don't get much better than a Toto, any Toto, and the Drake is one the the better ones. This would lead me to believe there is something else wrong. Could be an object wedged in the trap. Are you missing any small tools? It could be a clog in the the drain that is not getting cleared. Roots come to mind, but could be something else. If you can eliminate the trap being clogged, you may want to consider getting a camera job on the drain.

Toolaholic

Reaction score
Thanks' Guys

NO MORE BLACK HORNS ! No The first C.I. flange was set to low. After the 2nd blockage I set a new one Resting on finished floor,as it should.set the toilet on a drywall bucket and flushed. Fine. Then went on the roof an rodded the 2" vent,clear.Next time Ipull it I'll see if Ican get My ridgid Micro sea snake through the trapway. Thanks'

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks