Jacuzzi "Espree" corner whirlpool

Users who are viewing this thread

hsullivan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any comments on this tub from Lowe's? Good or bad. I looked it up on the Jacuzzi site and it took me to a special section for Lowe's only. The other model Jacuzzi's are about 300-400+ dollars more in price to start. Also do you know the size of the motor? The specs say 115 volt 7 amp. Most of the other brands quote in horsepower like 1.25 horsepower for example. What about the "RapidHeat" heater, does it work well? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Harvey Sullivan

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
7A is about 1HP (a little over), but depending on how they rate the motors, it could be the same thing...you'd have to check the power consumption of the other ones. No experience with those tubs...

hsullivan

Reaction score
I forgot! ohm's law

Jim thanks, I forgot my highschool science/math formulas, duh! Is it 1.0787 horsepower? Did I do the math right? Thanks, Harvey

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Close enough :) Like in vacuum cleaners, some adds on power are a little misleading....actual data plate values reveal all. No way a vacuum drawing 7 amps can produce a sustainable 5HP, for example, but the adds say it does. Same thing with saws...Beware comparing apples and oranges. If one indicates HP and the other amps, you need to dig further.

The big chain stores have enough volume so that they can specify exactly what they want for a specific price point. They may have the same motor, but they may not. That $300 difference might get you an inferior motor (not necessarily a BAD motor, just not as good), or it could be the same one, justified by their great volume purchase. Hard to tell for sure without digging, and even then, you may not know. Once could include a nice drain, it could be optional extra cost on the other. You'd need to find out what is supplied between what Lowes sells, vs another retailer for the similar tub. Could be that the shell is thinner on one, they could be the same.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks