Gigantic plumbers sale!!! *pics*

Users who are viewing this thread

XDAILY

Reaction score
GIGANTIC PLUMBERS SALE!!!

After 40 years Sam the Plumber is retiring and selling off all his tools and supplies.

Buckets of Valves, Fittings in copper, brass, steel and plastic.

Pipe Wrenches from 6 inch to 3 foot long

Pipe Threaders, Pipe and Tube Cutters, Basin Wrenches and more

All at a fraction of cost.

Saturday March 21st from 10am to 3pm

114 Avondale Ave Haddonfield NJ 08033
chrom.jpg

copper-brass.jpg

steel.jpg

valve.jpg

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
As a moderator of this forum, I just received notice of a complaint that this thread was "SPAM". I must disagree. This appears to me to be a plumber who is retiring and is attempting to get rid of his stock. This is not a manufacturer in China wanting to sell products, it is not bulk mailing to our email addresses, it is not a solicitation to buy drugs online, "gender change", or notice of winning the Peruvian Lottery. It very well could be some us might find a good deal on useful parts. In an case, let this run its course and not be so hasty to call every mention of having something for sale spam.

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
With the OP's first and only post being an attempt to hawk stuff, this would qualify as being spam on every other forum I belong to.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
If I was in NJ I would head there and check out the tools for sale. I do find it odd that his pictures are hosted on a site for cars and that his pics are the only ones I can find on the site that happens to have the sites logo and site name on it.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Guys, I have more pressing matters to attend to than to argue the question of Spam or not, so I'm going to make one more point and forget about it. I darn sure don't want to start a debate like tankless or Whirlpool water heaters!:eek:
Look at the pictures. To me, it is very obvious this fellow is trying liquidate as much inventory as possible. I'm guessing he is not a computer user which is why he hasn't been here before, and he is using a friend's website to post the thread. Let's suppose one of the professional plumbers that frequent this forum had posted this message. Would that be spam? I doubt if Cass, HJ, Peanut, or any other regular would be called a spammer. Is there a requirement of having so many posts before posting a notice like this? One might well argue that a international view forum like this may not be the best venue to advertise a garage sale, I see nothing wrong with it. While I suppose what is or what isn't spam is open to debate, at least to me, this is a one time post by a retiring plumber. Mow, if there suddenly is a deluge of this type of advertising, then perhaps more stringent guide lines might be in order, but for now, let's debate important stuff like Rheem vs Bradford White, Pex vs copper vs cpvc, pipe dope vs Teflon vs a combination of both. :D

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Maybe Terry could make a forum for Want to Buy, and Want to Sell, for legit buyers and sellers, and maybe a third thread for commercial types can post. This way it keeps all the "spam" in one place.

Cookie

Reaction score
I think it is a good opportunity for you guys to maybe, save some money on things and help the retiring plumber to make some money and probably, his wife is behind this! LOL. She wants it out!:p

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I think it is a good opportunity for you guys to maybe, save some money on things and help the retiring plumber to make some money and probably, his wife is behind this! LOL. She wants it out!:p

Cookie I have gotten great deals from old retired plumbers selling off their stock. I came across a garage sale where an old guy (about early 80's) was selling his tools and some stock he had when he retired back in around 1978. My friend and I bought up all the Chicago faucet stuff he had, almost all of it was dated 1968 on the boxes. He was thrilled we bought him out.

Cookie

Reaction score
I love going to garage sales but I don't much like holding one. My late husband had talked me into having one a few summers ago. We came across science projects we had done with the boys and decided to offer them up.

There in the garage I had taken one, it was of rockets, a schematic diagram and a rocket itself, demonstrating the parts with labels of each part and what they do. I remember I got an A on that one. :p

I thought I was being funny, when I put a sign on it, saying, " instant science project for the busy parent."

Well, I had a lady who came and ruined my day, took the smile off my face and actually, made everyone stop and look at us. There I am standing next to my instant science project not knowing what to say. I eventually felt like telling her if I could ignite that rocket I knew the coordinates.

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Well, I had a lady who came and ruined my day, took the smile off my face and actually, made everyone stop and look at us.

Cookie, sadly the world is full of people like that. You try to be funny or helpful then someone pops up and tries to bring you down, telling you that is not funny or your advice is not helpful. Just have to grin and bare it. I thought what you did was very witty, I would of gotten a chuckle out of it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I love going to garage sales but I don't much like holding one. My late husband had talked me into having one a few summers ago. We came across science projects we had done with the boys and decided to offer them up.

There in the garage I had taken one, it was of rockets, a schematic diagram and a rocket itself, demonstrating the parts with labels of each part and what they do. I remember I got an A on that one. :p

I thought I was being funny, when I put a sign on it, saying, " instant science project for the busy parent."

Well, I had a lady who came and ruined my day, took the smile off my face and actually, made everyone stop and look at us. There I am standing next to my instant science project not knowing what to say. I eventually felt like telling her if I could ignite that rocket I knew the coordinates.

She probably didn't have her eye of newt when she woke up in the morning.

Cookie

Reaction score
Quoting the words used of most kindergarten kids, she was a "poopie head." :p

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It is a real residential address...I checked on Google earth maps...

Valpohawkeye

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm confused. The title seems to imply that very large plumbers are for sale. Sounded more like an HR thing than sales thread.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks