(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigantic plumbers sale!!! *pics*

Default Gigantic plumbers sale!!! *pics*

GIGANTIC PLUMBERS SALE!!!

After 40 years Sam the Plumber is retiring and selling off all his tools and supplies.

Buckets of Valves, Fittings in copper, brass, steel and plastic.

Pipe Wrenches from 6 inch to 3 foot long

Pipe Threaders, Pipe and Tube Cutters, Basin Wrenches and more

All at a fraction of cost.

Saturday March 21st from 10am to 3pm

114 Avondale Ave Haddonfield NJ 08033

As a moderator of this forum, I just received notice of a complaint that this thread was "SPAM". I must disagree. This appears to me to be a plumber who is retiring and is attempting to get rid of his stock. This is not a manufacturer in China wanting to sell products, it is not bulk mailing to our email addresses, it is not a solicitation to buy drugs online, "male enhancement", or notice of winning the Peruvian Lottery. It very well could be some us might find a good deal on useful parts. In an case, let this run its course and not be so hasty to call every mention of having something for sale spam.

With the OP's first and only post being an attempt to hawk stuff, this would qualify as being spam on every other forum I belong to.
    I consider myself an accomplished DIY'er. I don't know everything but help where I can. I'm not a pro, but like to think I'm professional.

Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar

If I was in NJ I would head there and check out the tools for sale. I do find it odd that his pictures are hosted on a site for cars and that his pics are the only ones I can find on the site that happens to have the sites logo and site name on it.
    Last edited by SewerRatz; 03-13-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Poor typing skills

Right on Gary. I see it as a helpful post for anyone in that area that might want to save a ton of money on plumbing supplies or any tools being sold, like plumbers or DIYers.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Guys, I have more pressing matters to attend to than to argue the question of Spam or not, so I'm going to make one more point and forget about it. I darn sure don't want to start a debate like tankless or Whirlpool water heaters!
    Look at the pictures. To me, it is very obvious this fellow is trying liquidate as much inventory as possible. I'm guessing he is not a computer user which is why he hasn't been here before, and he is using a friend's website to post the thread. Let's suppose one of the professional plumbers that frequent this forum had posted this message. Would that be spam? I doubt if Cass, HJ, Peanut, or any other regular would be called a spammer. Is there a requirement of having so many posts before posting a notice like this? One might well argue that a international view forum like this may not be the best venue to advertise a garage sale, I see nothing wrong with it. While I suppose what is or what isn't spam is open to debate, at least to me, this is a one time post by a retiring plumber. Mow, if there suddenly is a deluge of this type of advertising, then perhaps more stringent guide lines might be in order, but for now, let's debate important stuff like Rheem vs Bradford White, Pex vs copper vs cpvc, pipe dope vs Teflon vs a combination of both.

Flagstaff, AZ Sitting on an upside down 5 gallon bucket next to the GO 68HD

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Swart View Post
    I doubt if Cass, HJ, Peanut, or any other regular would be called a spammer.
    Who's Peanut┐

I would at least have taken pictures of the good stuff...

Flagstaff, AZ Sitting on an upside down 5 gallon bucket next to the GO 68HD

hehe When you're right, you're right.

Default tools

In that case maybe I should post my Ridgid 141 and accessories.

Maybe Terry could make a forum for Want to Buy, and Want to Sell, for legit buyers and sellers, and maybe a third thread for commercial types can post. This way it keeps all the "spam" in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    In that case maybe I should post my Ridgid 141 and accessories.
    When was the last time you used that HJ?

I think it is a good opportunity for you guys to maybe, save some money on things and help the retiring plumber to make some money and probably, his wife is behind this! LOL. She wants it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I think it is a good opportunity for you guys to maybe, save some money on things and help the retiring plumber to make some money and probably, his wife is behind this! LOL. She wants it out!
    Cookie I have gotten great deals from old retired plumbers selling off their stock. I came across a garage sale where an old guy (about early 80's) was selling his tools and some stock he had when he retired back in around 1978. My friend and I bought up all the Chicago faucet stuff he had, almost all of it was dated 1968 on the boxes. He was thrilled we bought him out.

I love going to garage sales but I don't much like holding one. My late husband had talked me into having one a few summers ago. We came across science projects we had done with the boys and decided to offer them up.

There in the garage I had taken one, it was of rockets, a schematic diagram and a rocket itself, demonstrating the parts with labels of each part and what they do. I remember I got an A on that one.

I thought I was being funny, when I put a sign on it, saying, " instant science project for the busy parent."

Well, I had a lady who came and ruined my day, took the smile off my face and actually, made everyone stop and look at us. There I am standing next to my instant science project not knowing what to say. I eventually felt like telling her if I could ignite that rocket I knew the coordinates.