Faucet question

Users who are viewing this thread

chaoster

Reaction score
I am having the kitchen done. It was told not to buy a faucet from Home depot or Lowes. I was told Grohe is a good brand. I have never heard of this brand is it any good? It's very expensive. Any other brand similar?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Grohe has been around for a while. They where originally a German import faucet, one of the first to use ceramic disc stems. I personally like the Moen Legend series, but I do not make recommendations since everyones tastes varies. Some love Delta, I am not a fan, others like Kohler, I think they are over-priced. But all of the mentioned faucet makers make good faucets, just the hardware store ones are a much cheaper made by Kohler, Moen, Delta, Price Fister and so on. Best to buy the faucet from a plumbing supply.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Parts for Grohe are hard to find and expensice. Get a good brand...Delta/PP/Moen, but but it from a supply house, not a warehouse store.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Jimbo all the supply houses here carry Grohe parts, the parts themselves are not to bad in pricing, but the faucets are very expensive.

chaoster before selecting a faucet you can see what brand repair parts are available in your area. Like Jimbo said in his case the parts for Grohe are hard to find. In my case Delta parts are hard to find. There is only one supply house that is 40 miles from me that carries Delta parts.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

Faucet preferences are like opinions, every one has one. You will have a hard time finding a consensus because our recommendations are colored by our experiences with the various manufacturers. I, personally, prefer Price Pfister as a single handle kitchen faucet, but for showers, I recommend Delta.

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
prefer Price Pfister

Interesting. I understood that the plumber folks in general pooh-pooh'd the Pfisters. Live and learn I guess.

Personally, I like the Moen or PP action in a sink much more than the Delta action. I like that the water can be turned on and off while maintaining a set temperature mix. The delta action makes that too hard, IMO -- every time you turn it on you get a different temp mix. I was SO happy to chuck out my last delta and have been running PPs for 15 years without trouble.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

I stopped recommending Moen kitchen faucet, especially the pull out spout models, when the handle's plastic fulcrum cams started snapping. Their two handle faucets also have too much plastic in them for my taste, and the older Monticello handles sometimes need an 18" pipe wrench to remove them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks