Hot Water Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott-Unlv

Reaction score
I have a hot water issue with my tub. I cannot get hot water to come out of the tub faucet. I am, however, able to get hot water to flow from the shower head. This has become a nuisance because whenever we give our 2 year old a bath we have to use the showerhead to fill the tub.

The tub has a single handle tub/shower control. I replaced the cartridge thinking that maybe something was preventing a full flow of hot water from reaching the faucet, but this didn't work.

Does anyone have an idea on how fix this?

Thanks,
Scott

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is the high temperature limit adjustment in the valve, but that would affect both the shower and tub. All new shower valves are required to have a mechanical limit adjustment to limit the maximum temperature from the valve. You may just need to adjust that. Depends on the valve how that is done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks