(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galvanized pipe corrosion

Yes I also discussed the running of new cable from the switch to the casing with the customer. And I've already said if I changed the drop cable, I used 2 wire with ground.

Rather than calling an electrician, I mentioned to the customer that they can call their local codes enforcement office and ask what code they are under, if any.

Many locations won't be under the latest NEC code and may not be for 20 years, and if not, the customer doesn't have to replace or add to their present switch to casing cable. Or go to a new drop cable with ground unless there was something wrong with the cable. That and more was all discussed on the phone before I went out on a no water call. That's full disclosure and customers appreciate it.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Gary, you do no water calls? I thought you travel in a motor home? Maybe not.

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com

Sammy, I said: Yes I also discussed .... and then I said; That and more was all discussed on the phone before I went out on a no water call. That is past tense.

But yes we live full time and totally off grid in our motorhome. We are currently in SW AZ in the desert in teeshirts with the heat off and a window open at 9:30 pm. Someday when yer big... if you survive the depression.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.