Nice Call....

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I do plumbing fro a condo complex with 100 units and got a call that water from 1 unit was leaking into another...when I got there the unit was being rehabed and a pipe had burst on the 2nd floor and had to have been running for a day or 2...the 1st floor ceilings had colapsed the 2nd floor subfloor was starting to delaminate...when you walked in it was like being in a tropical forest diring a rain storm....I gota get another camera and start taking pics of some of the stuff I run into...in order to get in I had to drill out the locks...

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Them are the fun calls. I had a vacant house call where no one was in the house for two weeks during a deep freeze, the owner went over to show the house, the front door would not open. He had to go through the garage. Same thing first floor ceilings all collapsed, hardwood floors where all buckled, upstairs carpeting had 2 to 3 inches of water standing on top. Turned out last time the home was shown some one flipped the switch on the thermostat to A/C The water run down the registers of the furnace and burned out the electronics. My bill was the cheapest in his overall repairs. I just had to fix about 6 burst pipes.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leak

The one I had was from the owner of the second floor condo who had a toilet supply come apart during the night. He said when he got up it was like walking in a wet yard. When I asked him, "Where do you think all the water went to?" It was like he had an epiphany. The people downstairs were "snow birds" who had just gone back to Minnesota and nobody had keys to their unit. When the door was finally opened it was like there had been a fire. Ceilings were down, cellulose insulation all over the place, Furniture, including the grand piano, soaked with 4" of water stains and ruined, etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks