Btu question

Users who are viewing this thread

johanna61

Reaction score
We want to insulate and turn our 2 car garage into live-able space however I am concerned about the additional 361 sq. ft and its impact on our Gibson heating and AC unit model#Glira072c-12A. It will bring our sq.ft to 2156. We plan on bypassing our small laundry room vent and extending 3 ft into the garage ceiling but I dont know if our existing furnace/ac unit can handle it. Our house is 5yrs old (as is the unit) and is located in Northwest Florida. So we have hot summers and in winter it can get as low as 20 degrees at night (but not often) I cant find an online btu conversion chart as I cant figure out my units BTU output or input or whatever! The little manual that was left with the unit is Greek to me (and my husband ) ... Please advise, Thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The model number may indicate that it is a 72000 btu unit. You are increasing square feet by about 20%. I would get a qualified HVAC company to come in and do a manual J.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks