Barnyard Faucet Leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

texunsam

Reaction score
I think it is called a barnyard faucet, but it stick out of the ground 3 feet or so and has a pump like handle for turning water on and off. It drains into the ground, I have two that are leaking below ground and I can't find where to go to read up or fix them. Any help is appreciated. Never mind got it fixed.

Last edited:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Woodford yard faucet.

Attachments

• Y34clr.gif
    Y34clr.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 313

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Around here they are called yard hydrants and another thing I can't remember I heard someone say the other day but I knew what they were talking about. Of course you will need to find the water main supplying it water before you do any repair/replacement.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Oh, yeah how did you determine they are leaking below ground¿ Is water forming at the base of them¿ They do weep but I don't think it would form a wet spot or a puddle. Just enough to drain out what's left in the verticle pipe section.

texunsam

Reaction score
Thanks all for asking. I dug everything up and the hydrant was leaking big time from the main well line. I capped them off and will replace later. Water was pouring out from bad installation. I think I'm on the right track now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks