New Moen 1225 already leaking??

Users who are viewing this thread

steve65

Reaction score
One of the guys from the John Bridge forum recommended this site to me. I just finished a full bath remodel and instead of replacing the whole valve, I only replaced the cartridge (don't pour salt on the wound, I already regret the decision but I followed some bad advice...). I put in the new brass cartridge and now the shower head leaks. At first it only leaked approx once per hour, but after a week of use, I have a steady drip. I can replace the cartridge again if need be, but I want to make sure that is the probem before I go that route. When I installed the new one, I rubbed a bit of soap on the o rings so it would slide in a little easier, not sure if this was a good idea or not. Any opinions on this, or any tricks I should be aware of? Also, what is the difference between the 1200 and the 1225 as they seem to be interchangeable. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
When I installed the new one, I rubbed a bit of soap on the o rings so it would slide in a little easier, not sure if this was a good idea or not. .
You should have used the silicone grease from moen . Replace the cartridge with a new plastic one. Call moen and explain your dilema and they should send you a new cartridge with-in 3 working days , .......... Free of charge

steve65

Reaction score
So the soap was my issue? I'll just go buy another one at this point simply because I want this over and done with. But you recommend one of the plastic ones over the brass version?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
This is a sad day in MOENville.

pigeons.gif

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks