Plastic Sleeving for copper pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Corkym

Reaction score
I need to find some plastic sleeving for copper pipe to protect it from concrete.

I tried on-line searches but apparently I don't have the right terms.
The big box stores don't seem to carry it.

Thanks

SeattleSoxFan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
jandmcarpentry.com
I generally stay out of the conversations on plumbing as I am not a plumber (at least any more than most plumbers are carpenters -- but, hey, that rarely stops them from cutting wood! ;) )

I don't know if the concern is to insulate or to protect from expansion/contraction differences of concrete and the pipe. Around here we sleeve almost everything in a slab (waste lines, water lines, etc) with PVC. Pretty much whatever is available and cheapest. The last job I was on the plumber took 1/2 our foundation drain and used it to sleeve. :mad:

I bet that foam insulation could work for protection too, but I've never used it for that purpose.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sleeve

Polysleeve in red, blue, or black is available at ALL plumbing supply stores. Hot water is usually sleeved with a foam insulation to retain the heat and avoid expansion/contraction abrasion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks