(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I use 10/2 cable on a regular 12 or 20amp circuit?

Okay, maybe you shouldn't care what the next idiot does. After all it doesn't affect you in the least. When I have to go pull the idiot's body out after his house catches fire, it makes me care.

Make your smaller pigtails and branches all you want, just don't do it in my town.

Anyways, the next idiot that comes along aside, there is no need to pigtail here. Look up the Cooper GFCI pdf. It can be installed with 10ga just fine.
    Last edited by iminaquagmire; 03-11-2009 at 10:07 AM.
    I consider myself an accomplished DIY'er. I don't know everything but help where I can. I'm not a pro, but like to think I'm professional.

Quote Originally Posted by iminaquagmire View Post
    Okay, maybe you shouldn't care what the next idiot does. After all it doesn't affect you in the least. When I have to go pull the idiot's body out after his house catches fire, it makes me care.

The next idiot shouldn't be touching the panel box unless he knows what he is doing in the first place (e.g.: licenced electrician), and the electricians that I know will always double check a circuit 20 amps or higher to see where it leads, escpecially when there is no ryhm or reason for a 20 amp breaker to be there.