Water filtering system?

Users who are viewing this thread

hondatech

Reaction score
I had a water guy come out and give me an estimate on what I need. Here's my water quality

ph7.6
hardness 14
iron 1
nitrates 0
TDS 315
copper 0
chlorine 0
CO2 0

Here is his recommendation
A 1 cuft Fleck 7000 electronic demand control. With using the electronic controller from a Homestead 3000 system. BTW the estimate is 1595.00 installed.
Any recommendations on saving money? What do you guys think about his recommendations?

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's not a bad price, and Fleck by far, puts out the best control valve, but i wouldn't go with the demand control valve. If the machine goes into backwash while you are using the water, you will get unfiltered water into the house. Plus if you go on vacation for a week or so and no water is used, you can get some iron precipitation in the unit. A properly sized and adjusted automatic control valve can be just as salt efficient as a demand unit.

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks